We are currently not accepting new facilitator applications. Please check back later for updates.
A U-First! Facilitator must have:
- University degree/College Diploma in a related field and/or enrollment in the Dementia Studies certificate program
- Minimum 3 years Health Care Sector working experience dealing with persons with dementia and/or their families including experience in best practices related to the management of mental illness and dementias
- Knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, as well as and other current education resources related to this population
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- High level presentation skills coupled with knowledge of adult educational principles; including training in a Dialogue Education™ approach
- Completion of the one-day (6hr) U-First! Workshop
- Experience in coaching and/or supporting staff / caregivers
- Drivers license and access to a vehicle where required
- Comfortable with technology, including knowledge of PowerPoint, Laptops and LCD projectors, and DVD’s.